Today I am going to give you a delicious Paleo Pizza Crust Recipe. It is really easy to make and a healthy alternative to regular pizza. Not only will I give you a paleo pizza crust recipe, but also a recommendation for a pizza topping that taste absolutely fantastic.Serves: 3-4
The paleo pizza crustYou need:
• 30g flaxseeds
• 100g sunflower seeds
• 70g almond flour
• Sesame flour
• 1 egg
• 2oz of water (0.5dl)
• A pinch of sea salt (Here is a salt similar to what I use )
1) Blend the flaxseeds in blender or with a hand blender. We do this first since the seed shell is hard to break, and you can much easier absorb their nutrients when they are grounded
2) Blend the sunflower seeds until you have something akin to flour
3) Add all the ingredients in a bowl an mix it well (you do not need a hand blender/ blender at this point)
4) Now you should have a dough that is slightly sticky. In order to roll it out so it looks like a pizza, we need to cover the dough with sesame flour (Just like you would if you were to make regular pizza)
5) Be careful when you roll it out as this dough is not as elastic as regular pizza dough
6) Then put it in the oven for about 10 minutes at 392f (200c) (Only the pizza dough. No topping yet)
If you do not have it, sesame flour could be obtained here
Here is a link to a good almond flour product
I actually prefer sesame flour over almond flour. This is because it´s texture is more similar to that of regular flour compared to the texture of almond flour. In addition sesame flour is also cheaper than almond flour.
The paleo tomato sauceWhile the pizza dough is in the oven we are going to start with the tomato sauce.
1. Take about 3 tomatoes and chop them up and drain them in a colander.
2. Put the remaining in a bowel and toss in some chopped garlic, pizza seasoning and pepper.
3. You could also add some tomato puree if you want to.
The paleo pizza toppingAt this point you could use pretty much whatever you desire. However I have a suggestion that I strongly recommend you to try. It is by far one of the best pizza toppings I have made.
Chicken with curry and cumin pizzaYou need:
– A little curry powder
– A little cumin
– A little cayenne pepper
– A pound of chicken breasts (0.5kg)
– 1 bell pepper
– ½ onion
– 4-5 mushrooms
1) Chop the chicken and fry it in a pan
2) Add the spices
3) Then add a tiny bit of water (no more than an ounce) and reduce “the curry mix” until the chicken becomes curry coated (Reduce means to thicken the sauce by boiling it)
4) Spread the tomato sauce onto the pizza dough
5) Spread the chicken onto the pizza
6) Chop the vegetables and add them onto the pizza
7) Cook the pizza for about 15-20 minutes in the oven at 390f (200c)
8) When it is done, let it rest for a couple of minutes before you indulge in the delicious paleo pizza with curry
Read also:Paleo Scallop Recipes
My advise to you is to eat this pizza fresh. Even though it is still good as left over, it is not the same as when it is fresh out of the oven. Additionally, I have used a mix of almond flour and sesame flour, but if you want to just use one type of flour then that should work perfectly fine as well. Just keep in mind that you should substitute the almond flour with the sesame flour, and not the other way around, since it has a texture that is more similar to that of regular flour, than almond flour has.
The Paleo Pizza Crust Recipe has been a lifesaver for me, and the best thing is that it is really tasty. However, the paleo pizza crust has a slightly different consistence than that of regular pizzas and I never use cheese. It is funny how you stop craving cheese when you have abstained from it for a while.
I hope you find thisPaleo Pizza Crust Recipe tempting. It is slightly different than that of a regular recipe, but you still get that delicious pizza taste.
–The PRW crew