Paleo Protein Shake Recipe
Here’s help on what you should drink and what you should not drink while on the Paleo diet.
Drinks allowed on the Paleo Diet
#1: WaterAccording to Loren Cordain, who initiated the Paleo diet, the cavemen quenched their thirst with water because it was all they had available to them. So while on Paleo diet, you need to drink lots of plain water.
However, to enhance the ‘flavor’ of plain water you can squeeze the juice of a lime/ lemon in the water. You can also have mineral water and coconut water.
#2: Wine and Other Alcoholic DrinksThough Paleo diet experts advise against drinking alcohol regularly, you can consider certain types of alcohol for occasional drinking. Though the cavemen did not have access to alcohol and wine in the same form as modern people, Dr. Cordain mentions that the primitive people might have consumed some types of fermented beverages occasionally.
The alcohols permitted on Paleo diet include:
- Red wine: because it is a good source of phytochemicals and antioxidants, like tannins, flavonoids, phenolic acids, catechins, cyanidin, resveratrol, proanthocyanidins, and flavonols.
- Rum (only if it does not contain any additives): because it is fermented from cane sugar.
- Tequila (made from agave) : because it contains no grain, which is forbidden on the Paleo diet.
- Potato Vodka: Vodka is often distilled from grains. However, potato vodka is an exception.
Moving on to:
Drinks to AvoidWhile on the Paleo diet, you need to avoid grain-based drinks, including:
- Gin (certain varieties are processed with grain-based alcohol)
- Vodka ( grain-based varieties)
- Fruit Juice (Often, it is sweetened with artificial sugar. Also, it lacks the fiber that helps to safeguard from the high Glycemic response of the ‘sugary’ juice.)
- ‘Diet’ drinks (They are loaded with artificial sweeteners)
Recipe#1: Fruit-flavored waterIngredients:
- 2 cups of fruits of your choice
- 2 quarts of Filtered Water
- Extract juice from the fruits.
- Add water and Ice to it.
Recipe#2: Lemon Lime CucumberIngredients:
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 4/5th of a cup of cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon of Avocado
- 2 pinches of black pepper
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- ¼th of a cup of ice
- Using a blender, mix all the ingredients until a creamy consistency is achieved.
- It is ready to serve.
The following video shows how you can make it.
Recipe#3: Stevia Soda Pop
So, are you ready to ‘drink’ your way to Paleo diet?
- What Are The Best Foods To Include In Your Paleo Diet Plan?
- 9 Tips To Triumph With the Paleo Diet
- Can Vegetarians Go For the Paleo Diet?
- 8 Clever Tips That Make Cooking On The Paleo Diet Easier
- Paleo Protein Shake Recipe
read also:Paleo Sloppy Joe Recipe